Cosmin

Re: uninstall issue

Hi,
when I do a new install, it installs fine, and but when I uninstall, it runs uninstall method, then install method b/c install method access an xls in install folder
Is your custom action supposed to run during both install and uninstall or just install? Also, can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can take a look at its configuration?
when I do a update install, after uninstall previous version, a dialog pops up saysing "The dialog ErrorDlg has the error style bit set, but is not an error dialog", then install method does not run at all.
Most likely this is also caused by the custom action. I can say for sure only after I see your project file.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Cosmin

Hi,

Your custom actions are immediate, so they will fail when accessing installed resources or trying to do something which needs Administrator privileges. Try to set them as deferred with no impersonation in their properties pane.

Regards,
Cosmin
mihai.petcu

Hello,
put my custom action in a standard dll and call the dll in Install
If you developed a standard .DLL, you should use a "Call a function from a standard dll" predefined custom action.
You can also try to develop a native Win32 .DLL that has a specific signature. In this case you can include it as an "Attached Custom Action".

From your project I noticed you were using a ".NET Installer Class Action" predefined custom action. If you are looking to develop fully fledged custom actions, here is an article that may help you.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Cosmin

Hi,

Here is a .NET Installer Class Action tutorial which may help you:
http://devcity.net/Articles/339/1/article.aspx

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin

Hi,

Then the custom actions should also work in Advanced Installer. You mentioned trying to use a standard DLL, so I thought your DLL is not really an installer class, but only a .NET DLL.

Did you try setting your custom actions as Deferred with no impersonation like I mentioned in one of my previous post?

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”