udayk

update war file using Patch, is it possible ?

Hi Guys,

Updating war file or adding new war file using patch in AI-7.2.1

Is it possible ?

I have new requirements like above question, using AI-7.2.1 patch, using this scenario

1. New environment variable is added in system environments after patch installation successfully.
2. SQL Scripts executed successfully using patch installation .
3. Desktop icon, that is application shortcut launch url is also changed using patch installation successfully.

One required change is not perfectly done.

4. adding new WAR to tomcat\webapps is not executed successfully.

above 1,2,3 requirements are executed successfully, but 4th requirement is not executed, at least not shows an exception while building patch or in installation patch log.

How should i resolve this issue, can any one please tell me.......

Thank you,
Udayk.
mihai.petcu

Re: update war file using Patch, is it possible ?

Hello Uday,

You are getting this behavior because you broke one or several of the patch rules.

After having a diff between your target and upgraded .AIP files, it seems you changed the order of the .WAR file in the folder. Its GUID is also changed from one version to the next.

Advanced Installer strives to respect all the rules, but due to the involved complexity, success is not always guaranteed. Because of this it is recommended to use patches only for minor updates, that do not change the Product Code and to test the patch throughly in various installation scenarios.

A complete list of patch rules can be found here in Creating Patches article.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
udayk

Thank you Mihai,

Let me verify check it once, and process. If i had any queries i will get back to you.

udayk.
udayk

Hi Mihai,

Again it shows an exception like this..

Running MSI patch compatibility tests...
Warning: Sequence changed. Sequence of file "PremierAnalytics.war" changed in upgraded "E:\Adv-Instller-Delivary-(30-08-2011)\Instraller\Delivered-AIP\Updated\Updated-30-04-2012-17-39\GCS Premier Analytics.msi".

Analyzing the MSI files found that the resulting patch might not apply correctly. The target or upgraded MSI broke some of the patch rules. For more details, please see the Patch help page.
done.

If i delete the PremierAnalytics.war file in upgraded version.

Patch build successfully without any errors, but unable to add new file to the existing application scope.

How should i find out the exact sequence of the PremierAnalytics.war file ??

Can you please tell me.

Thank you,
Udayk.
udayk

Hi Mihai,

i resolved below error.

Running MSI patch compatibility tests...
Warning: Sequence changed. Sequence of file "PremierAnalytics.war" changed in upgraded "E:\Adv-Instller-Delivary-(30-08-2011)\Instraller\Delivered-AIP\Updated\Updated-30-04-2012-17-39\GCS Premier Analytics.msi".

Analyzing the MSI files found that the resulting patch might not apply correctly. The target or upgraded MSI broke some of the patch rules. For more details, please see the Patch help page.
done.

Patch package executed successfully without any error.

I follow the Patch rules perfectly.
But still unable to add new files to the existing application scope.

I will attached my Patch.log file can you please give me any suggestions.

Thank you,
Udayk.
Attachments
Patch.txt
PATCH.log
(903.05 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
udayk

Hi Mihai,

Still, the problem is pending....

I attached my patch.log can you please verify, you guys are easily identify the reason for the Patch issues.

Give me any other suggestions or solutions, it shows exceptions like this messages in patch....

MSI (c) (EC:F8) [21:06:47:093]: Machine policy value 'DisablePatch' is 0
MSI (c) (EC:F8) [21:06:47:093]: Machine policy value 'AllowLockdownPatch' is 0
MSI (c) (EC:F8) [21:06:47:093]: Machine policy value 'DisableLUAPatching' is 0
MSI (c) (EC:F8) [21:06:47:093]: Machine policy value 'DisableFlyWeightPatching' is 0
MSI (c) (EC:F8) [21:06:47:109]: Turning off patch optimization. {E8223269-F585-47E5-9290-48473F646B6C} patch is not authored to support it.
MSI (c) (EC:F8) [21:06:47:109]: Looking for patch transform: GCS_Premie_1ToGCS_Premie

Can you please find my Patch.log file in previous post.

Thank you,
Udayk
udayk

Thank you,

I resolved the issue, under your guidance.

Thank you,
udayk.

Return to “Building Installers”