jasons2645

Bug when uninstalling one of multiple installations

When I install version X, then uninstall, everything gets cleaned up nicely. But when I install version X, the install version Y side by side, then uninstall version X, the start menu shortcuts linger around and must be manually deleted. Is this a known bug?
mihai.petcu

Re: Bug when uninstalling one of multiple installations

Hello,

This should be expected behavior if the other side by side version is set to install the same shortcuts. However, if you're looking to clean up an installation you can look into "Uninstall Cleanup" wizard available from the context menu when a folder is selected in the Files and Folders Page.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jasons2645

The shortcuts are different. For example, one would be called Product 1.2 and the other Product 1.3. And again, cleanup works fine if you don't do side-by-side install. Suggestions?
mihai.petcu

Are you testing the installation package on Windows Vista or 7? If so then this is a normal behavior, the shortcuts are still present until a restart is performed, Icon Cache feature from the OS is the source of this behavior.

Also, have you tried using the "Uninstall Cleanup" wizard I mentioned in my previous post?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jasons2645

The solution was a combination of using the cleanup wizard, creating custom delete rules, and having our build process auto-replace some of the AIP contents based on the build version. Thanks!

Return to “Common Problems”