udayk

New Issue while using Tomcat-7.0 and JDK-6

Hi Team,

My application had a functionality called browsing files from local drive or browsing files from local area network, with the help of Tomcat-6 and JDK-5.
In this Tomact-6 as a service.

Issue :-

My application was upgraded with Tomcat-7.0 and JDK-6. In this Tomcat-7 as a service.

The above functionality is (browsing file through local area network is not working properly) failed

How should i resolve the above issue???

Can any one please suggest me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Udayk.
Daniel

Re: New Issue while using Tomcat-7.0 and JDK-6

Hello Udayk,

I'm afraid I don't fully understand your scenario. Can you give us more details about your scenario (maybe exemplify)?

Also, in order to clearly report an issue you can take a look on our How to report a problem for a faster resolution article.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
udayk

Hi Daniel,

Description:-

1. My package was installed on Windows 2008 server R2.

2. My application has an active directory configuration, for multiple users on particular domain based.

3. So the corresponding domain user had ex:- Windows-7 operating system, then the user was take the url of installed app in Windows Server 2008 R2 Ex :-(http://172.55.889.230:8080/XXXXXXXXX).

4. Active directory user was accessed the application using URL (http://172.55.889.230:8080/XXXXXXXXX).

5. Active directory user operating system was ex:- Windows-7 now user going to upload the files from ex:-windows-7 to data base , Data base was(MySql) was installed in Windows server 2008 R2, the package installed location and MySql data base installed location is same.

6. When an Active directory user is going to upload the files from user system(ex:-Windows-7-32-bit) to package installed location (windows-2008-R2-64-bit).

7. Application had a active directory user configuration, by using this active directory user accessed application through URL in his system(ex:-windows-7).

Now The Issue is :-

When an active directory user was going to upload the files from his system (ex:-windows-7) to database.
It shows an error called File path does not exist .

in this i am using Web server Tomcat -7.0.27 and JDK-6.

I run the tomcat-7 as service in Windows-server 2008 R2.

If i stop the tomcat 7 service then i start tomcat as manually ex:- startup.bat

File uploding is successfully from active directory user to windows server 2008 R2 , MySql database.

How Should i take this process as a service level???

Thanks and Regards,
Udayk.
Daniel

Hello Udayk,

Please keep in mind that if the related error is generated by your application, then you should debug your application, find the error root cause and then configure your application properly.

Also, if your application works when start the Tomcat 7 service using the startup.bat file, then you can remove the Tomcat 7 service from our "Services" page and run the related startup.bat file using a custom action. You can take a look on our "Launch a CMD or BAT file" article.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”