Daniel

Re: Updater Silent Mode

Hello Gary,

I've observed that your "Up_Config.txt" file contain a different MD5 signature than "Up_Config.txt" file from my attached sample. This means you have built and use, when testing the scenario, another "sample2.msi" file. So, you didn't use the original file from attached sample.

However, in order to investigate further this issue, please send us to support at advancedinstaller dot com or attach here all resource and project files you have used (the upgrade .aip and msi files, the upgraded .aip and msi file and the .aip of the updates configuration project and its corresponding ini configuration file)?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Maverick

Hello Daniel,

it does not work with your sample either. After Tests with your sample I rebuilded it and thats why the MD5 changed. Even when I change the md5 back and use your sample it does not work.

Gary
Attachments
sample.zip
(882.01 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
Daniel

Hello Gary,

I've tested your scenario on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 machine, but I cannot reproduce the behavior. Can you reproduce the behavior on multiple clean machines? If so, can you give us a detailed step by step test case scenario so we can try to reproduce and investigate further this?

All the best,
Daniel
Maverick

Hi Daniel,

I tried again on another clean machiene. W2k8 R2 english OS. Same result, see Attachment.

I also tried two Win 7 computers. On Win 7 everything is working as expected and Okay.

Later on I will try a Win 2012 computer.

Regards Gary
Attachments
W2k8 update without elevation.zip
(161.37 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Daniel

Hello Gary,

I've tested the scenario on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with latest updates, but I couldn't reproduce the behavior. I'm afraid we cannot find the root cause of this behavior since we are not able to reproduce this on our test machines.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”