leszek

Remove settings and temporary files

Please could you point me to the setting that controls whether the message "Would you like to remove settings and temporary files?" appears during uninstall?
And what exactly does saying "yes" to this do? I can't find any reference to this in the manual.
Thanks.
Cosmin

Re: Remove settings and temporary files

Hi,

This is configured through the Uninstall Cleanup feature in "Files and Folders" page. You can right-click a folder, select "Uninstall Cleanup" and configure it through the wizard. For already configured folders you can change the settings by running the wizard again.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
leszek

Ok thanks, that's useful.

Is there some easy way to see which folders already have "Uninstall Cleanup" set up?
Cosmin

Hi,

Yes, they contain a file removal operation with * as their name. It's a wildcard which tells the operation to remove all files in the folder.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
leszek

Thanks for the info. I have searched through all the folders and files in my setup project, and I can't find any which show the *, but I still get the message on uninstalling asking to remove "settings and temporary files". Also, is this question optional? Is there a way to switch it off?

Thanks.
GabrielBarbu

Hello,

The question is due to the fact that you probably checked "Ask the use whether he wants to perform cleanup" option on the third page during the Uninstall Cleanup wizard.
To undo this, delete the remove file operation if you haven't already done so, run the Uninstall Cleanup wizard on the folder again, and this time select "Always perform cleanup without prompting the user" option on the third wizard page. The checkbox prompting the user will now be removed.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”