Matt

a Secound browse for file

Hi,

In the installer I am trying to make it requires a secound Browse for File edit box and Browse button. I have created a secound Browse for file custom action and attached it to the browse button. I have also tried using the [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] property but this doesn't work I am guessing this is becuase I am already using that property for another browse for file earlier in the installer. Is there a way I can create another property that is similiar to the [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] property to allow me to do another browse for file action or is there a better way of doing this?

Matt
mihai.petcu

Re: a Secound browse for file

Hi Matt,
Is there a way I can create another property that is similiar to the [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] property to allow me to do another browse for file action or is there a better way of doing this?
As mentioned in our user guide article:
The "BrowseForFile" predefined custom action sets the Advanced Installer-predefined property (named "AI_OFN_FILEPATH") to the path of the file selected by the user. If the user clicks "Cancel" or closes the Open File dialog, "AI_OFN_FILEPATH" will be empty (not set). This being the case, to reset this property to another value, simply re-implement the functionality from the article and make another call to "BrowseForFile".

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Matt

Re: a Secound browse for file

Hi,

Thanks for the help

Matt

Return to “Common Problems”