DenNu

Synchronize value with assembly files, not work.

hi,

i use AI prof 8.4.
I have several to install the assembly in the GAC.

I set the flag to synchronize the version. If the version is updated only when you build the setup? Or when the project start in AI!
I think it would be good if the version automatically when you start the project would be updated. it is misleading if an incorrect version number is displayed.

Regards
Dennis
mihai.petcu

Re: Synchronize value with assembly files, not work.

Hi Dennis,
I set the flag to synchronize the version. If the version is updated only when you build the setup? Or when the project start in AI!
If you check the "Synchronize value with the assembly file" option, the attribute value( version in your case ) will be extracted from assembly file at build time.

If at any time you need more information regarding the current dialog or page functionality in the Advanced Installer GUI, simply press F1 and the corresponding help article will pop up.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DenNu

If you check the "Synchronize value with the assembly file" option, the attribute value( version in your case ) will be extracted from assembly file at build time.
Could not create the current version number after the write in the project file? At least then the last version number is inside.
If at any time you need more information regarding the current dialog or page functionality in the Advanced Installer GUI, simply press F1 and the corresponding help article will pop up.
OK, that is known to me ;-)

All the best,
Dennis
mihai.petcu

Hi Dennis,
Could not create the current version number after the write in the project file? At least then the last version number is inside.
If by this you mean to instantly synchronize the value in the GUI when adding the attribute to the project, this is not supported functionality. If you check this option you can rest assured the value will end up in the package file upon build. Can you please underline why would you need to see the actual value synchronized in the GUI?

If I misunderstood what you mean, can you please be more specific?

All the best,
Mihai
DenNu

Hi,

I create version 1.1.1. and add this.
I create version 1.1.2. Assembly / attributes / version shows: 1.1.1
I create version 1.1.3. Assembly / attributes / version shows: 1.1.1
I create version 1.1.4. Assembly / attributes / version shows: 1.1.1
I create version 1.2.x. Assembly / attributes / version shows: 1.1.1

Is somehow misleading.

The version should be adapted to the actually existing version of the assembly. So you have a control that the correct version is.

All the best,
Dennis
mihai.petcu

Hi Dennis,

I have discussed the issue with the development team and we will consider an improvement for a future version regarding this. The improvement should consist in adding refresh functionality in the Assemblies page.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can simply delete and re-add the assembly in the Assemblies page.

All the best,
Mihai
DenNu

I have discussed the issue with the development team and we will consider an improvement for a future version regarding this. The improvement should consist in adding refresh functionality in the Assemblies page
That's a good message.

When I try your suggestion, the assembly will not be a new identification number?
mihai.petcu

Hello,

This is a good observation. In case of this workaround, the assembly's associated component will have a new GUID. In order to keep everything working you should also preserve the GUD.

All the best,
Mihai

Return to “Common Problems”