DucTam

Problem with multiple instances

There was a bug in the AI 8.4, so that i couldn't install new Instances if my project language ist not English. Now it is no problem any more in the version 8.5.
I tried to install 2 instances of my software, it ran perfectly. Then I started the setup the third time to get in into the maintenance dialog for the second(not the main) instance. But AI displayed the maintenace dialog for the first(main) instance??? the productname was the origin one , not [Productname][InstanceId]
I couldn't even start the installing process: ERROR: access code is invalid (in German : Zugriffscode ist ungültig)

Did i do anything wrong ?
mihai.petcu

Re: Problem with multiple instances

Hi,

I tried your settings on my own project and unfortunately cannot replicate the behavior.

Can you please send us the .AIP (project) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mihai.petcu

Hi,

I managed to replicate the behavior you mentioned. Unfortunately, the developer responsible for this segment of the application is currently on vacation.
I'll forward him the issue as soon as he'll be at the office next week and we'll get back to you after we get a chance to investigate.

All the best,
Mihai
DucTam

hi Mihai,

Thank you very much

DucTam
mihai.petcu

Hi DucTam,

It seems this is caused by an incompatibility issue between themes and multiple instances. The development team will include the fix in the 8.6 release which will be very soon.

All the best,
Mihai
mihai.petcu

Hi DucTam,

After further investigation it seems Windows Installer doesn't expose Enhanced UI during an instance's maintenance phase. However, we will fix this issue in a future version.

All the best,
Mihai

Return to “Common Problems”