FergusMurray

Limit on "Condition" too restrictive

The Condition property only seems to allow 100 characters, is there any way to up this, i have run out of space to check all that i need to

I'm checking that several flags and values on a custom dialog are correct/present and i dont want the user to be able to move to the next dialog until they are
Cosmin

Re: Limit on "Condition" too restrictive

Hi,

Can you please give more details about which Condition field you are referring to? Most conditions are limited to 255 characters.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
FergusMurray

On my custom dialog -> "Next" button
"Published Events"
Event: New Dialog -> "Edit..." -->"Condition" - is limited to 100, when i press validate i get error at char 100
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm afraid that I am unable to reproduce this behavior on our test machines. What Advanced Installer version are you using? Older versions (before 7.0 I think) used to have a limit for some fields, but we increased it to the maximum value.

If you are using one of the newer versions, can you please specify which one and what condition you are trying to set?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
FergusMurray

Ahh i think i see the issue

I can get 255 characters, this message was caused by not have a space between an operator that happened to be at char 100

i.e.
...value=2)OR (value=1..
is invalid
...value=2) OR (value=1..
is valid

Return to “Common Problems”