tommyh1122

Product Version

I recently upgraded from Advanced Installer 9.0 to 9.3 and have an issue with the Product Version. My current package has a Product Version of 2012.2.20 but when I tried to create a new release (2012.2.30) I get an error saying "The specified version is not supported. A valid version has been generated and set". When did this get changed? I have customers that have the version 2012.2.20 installed and per the message can not get the next release due to the new "Valid Version" only allowing for a 3 digit string for the first set of numbers. I have looked thru the Version History between Advanced Installer 9.0 and 9.3 and see no mention of a change to the Product Version.

Please advice on what can be done for my customers to receive our new version of software. I am having to use Advanced Installer 9.0 since I am not sure when this was changed and am missing out on the enhancements and bug fixes from the newer versions.

Mike
Daniel

Re: Product Version

Hello Mike,

Please keep in mind that a product version like "2012.2.20" has a wrong format. You can take a look on "ProductVersion property" article in order to set a correct product version.
When did this get changed?
The "Product Version" field validation from "Product Details" page was added starting with version 9.2 of Advanced Installer.
Please advice on what can be done for my customers to receive our new version of software.
In order to obtain what you want you can proceed like this (using version 9.3 of Advanced Installer):
- Go to "Product Details" page and set the "Product Version" field to "201.2.30" and, then save the project.
- Go to "Table Editor" page and select "Property" table. Set the "ProductVersion" property to "2012.2.30".
- Select the "Upgrade" table and set "VersionMax" field for "OLDPRODUCTS" property to "2012.2.30" and the "VersionMin" field for "AI_NEWERPRODUCTFOUND" property to "2012.2.30".
- Build and run the project.

In order to use our "Table Editor" feature you need at least an Enterprise edition of Advanced Installer. If you don't have an Enterprise edition of Advanced Installer, then you can change the "ProductVersion" property in the corresponding .aip file.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”