vclamnet

Project product code changed when upgrade to 6.2

Hi,
After upgrading advanced Installer from 6.1.1 to 6.2, it change my product code without notifying me. I deployed my new msi and my network guy found out that the product code has change and cause his logon script to not work properly.
1. Is there a way to look at the product code beside using Orcas to look into the msi after it is built?
2. On other installer I was able to see the product code and upgrade code but I can not find it on advanced installer
3. Is there a way to change it to the existing product code, I have 100+ workstation that was installed with an old product code and I need to change it back without using Orcas as I continue to build new upgrade version and I don't want to manually change it each time.
Thanks,
Vinh,
vclamnet

I found answer to my question for #1 and #3 using note pad to open the *aip file.
It would be nice to see these GUID on the project GUI instead of open up the project file in notepad.
Vinh,
Cosmin

Hi,
After upgrading advanced Installer from 6.1.1 to 6.2, it change my product code without notifying me.
Please note that this is impossible because there is no way for Advanced Installer to change a product code in an AIP after an upgrade to a newer Advanced Installer version.

The only ways you can change the Product Code by using Advanced Installer are these:
- go to the "Product Details" page and change the version of the package
- answer "Yes" when prompted about changing the Product Code

OR

- you use the /SetVersion command in the Advanced Installer command line without using the -noprodcode parameter
2. On other installer I was able to see the product code and upgrade code but I can not find it on advanced installer
Note that the Product Code is not visible in Advanced Installer. However, if you want to know it you can open the AIP with a text editor.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
vclamnet

Sorry for the miscommunication without proper detail testing on the issue.
Advanced Installer does not change the product code unless the version# change regardless of minor or major number and only when respond to the question change product code.
I have question on the proper usage of the product code and I will post it on a new thread.
Thanks,
Vinh,

Return to “Common Problems”