tylerwang

To check the sharepoint2010 had installed

I want to create a installer, and need to check the system requirements are met which the sharepoint 2010 to install or not, if it installed the installation should continue, or it will alert a warning and Terminating installation, how can i do this, Any help would be most appreciated.
mihai.petcu

Re: To check the sharepoint2010 had installed

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer Forums,

Since you are new, I highly recommend you read our tutorials for a better understanding of how to use Advanced Installer to efficiently deploy your products.This will also help you better understand support team's suggestions now and in the future. The Simple and Professional tutorials are especially important.
I want to create a installer, and need to check the system requirements are met which the sharepoint 2010 to install or not, if it installed the installation should continue, or it will alert a warning and Terminating installation, how can i do this, Any help would be most appreciated.
To achieve this you must add a custom launch condition based on a registry search:
- SEARCH_1 that searches for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Groove\InstallRoot\Path" with the "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry" checked
- SEARCH_2 that searches for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Groove\InstallRoot\Path" without the "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry" checked

The launch condition should look something like:

Code: Select all

SEARCH_1 OR SEARCH_2
Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
tylerwang

Mihai,

thanks very much for your help.
I had sovled this problem, and I use the key of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Components\wssv4

thanks
Tyler.
Cosmin

Hi,

Starting with version 8.2 Advanced Installer includes predefined SharePoint launch conditions.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”