Rozky

Java Application falls at shutdown Win XP

Hi,

I created installer for my Java application (32bit). It works great on Windows 7 64bit (installation, run, startup, ...), but error occurs when I install the same installer on Windows XP 32bit. The installation is OK. When I was shutting down the computer and the application was running, it reported me: Applications must be forcibly terminated.. It's common problem or I do something wrong?

My application is uploaded as attachment...

Thx for helping me!
Attachments
remotepcserver-103-x86.zip
Remote PC Server Application
(825.58 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
mihai.petcu

Re: Java Application falls at shutdown Win XP

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

This is the normal Windows behavior when shutting down the computer. If any applications are running at the time you initiate the process, you are prompted to close each of them individually. This is to save any data that might be lost during a forced shut down. If you chose to shut down automatically, then all open applications including yours will be forcibly closed.

However, please keep in mind that Advanced Installer simply installs your application on the target machine.
The settings required for your application to function properly have to be included in the .AIP from Advanced Installer. The way your application runs and its functionality on the target machine( including the shut down behavior ) completely depend on its development design, which should dictate the required install settings.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Rozky

Thx for your fast reply, but I think you describe other problem.

Behaviour on Windows XP:
1) Running jar file (without Advanced Installer installation) -> working with the program -> exit program -> Shutdown computer without any Error forcibly dialog.
2) Running exe file (created by Advanced Installer from http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... -java.html) -> working with the program -> exit program (by Java Source Code - save settings - close streams and System.exit(0)) -> Remote PC Server.exe has still remained in Task Manager: Processes (even if Java program was terminated) -> Shutdown computer with Error dialog :cry:
mihai.petcu

Hello,

I cannot replicate this behavior on a Windows XP machine with the above package. Can you please try the package on other XP machines and see if it persists?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”