asia.shafran

cant remove parameter default value

Hi.
I have some parameter with a default value, and I use it in one of my dialog windows.
For some reason, the "show default value" has the default value and I can't remove it (it's gray, as you can see in the screenshot attached)
anyone know why it happened? I have other parameters with default values and i don't have this problem .
I also can't remove the default value from the parameter(The "ok" button become gray too)

any ideas?
Attachments
1.png
1.png (136.12 KiB) Viewed 11507 times
mihai.petcu

Re: cant remove parameter default value

Hello,

Most likely you have PROXY_PORT property declared in the Install Parameters page with a default value. If you change it in the Install Parameters page it will get updated in the Dialogs page as well.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
asia.shafran

as I wrote, it is in Installed Parameters but the problem is when i remove the default value the "ok" button become gray so i cant save changes.

you can see it here
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 16.21.51.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 16.21.51.png (75.08 KiB) Viewed 11493 times
Daniel

Hello,

Please note this is a limitation imposed by the Windows Installer engine. All properties defined in our "Install Parameters" page will be inserted in the "Properties" table of the setup package, but the entries included in the "Properties" table cannot have an empty value.

To use a property with a default empty value you should not define it in "Install Parameters" page. Just delete the property from your control in "Dialogs" page and from "Install Parameters" page and then add it only on the desired control from "Dialogs" page. In this way you will be able to define it with an empty value.

If you have any questions just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”