jcwilliams

Problem with User Interface: Dialogs

I'm having several problems with the Dialogs for my new installation.

I assume these are bugs:
1. When I select the Progress or End folder and right-click on it, all options in the menu are greyed out. I can not add a dialog to either folder.
I also can not drag an existing Start dialog down to one of the other folders (I was hoping that would be a work around).

2. There is a problem with adding a dialg to the Start folder. Sometimes, the behavior is that I can only add the 5th dailog using the INS key. Sometimes it is that adding a new dialog replaces an existing one (I have not found a pattern yet... but it is never the one I WANT to replace)
I have not been able to get the Welcome, Select Location, Setup Type, Start Install, and Readme dialogs to exist at the same time in the above order.
It almost appears that I can't have both Select Location and Setup Type at the same time. I tried to add all dialogs and delete the ones I did not want ... but those two always appear by themselves ... kind of like Batman and Bruce Wayne.

These are questions / feature requests:
3. Is there a way to edit a dialog?

4. Is there a way to add a user-defined dialog?

Craig Williams
jcwilliams

OK. For #2 I just figured out that the Setup Type also provides means to setup location. So nevermind on that one, he says red-faced.

Craig Williams
Ionut

Hi,

These are not bugs. The problem is that Advanced Installer does not currently support full UI customization. Therefore, you can not edit an existing dialog (actually, you can, by modifying several XML files) or add your own custom dialogs. This feature has the highest priority on our TODO list and it will be available in a future release.

Regarding the tree control from the Dialogs page, there are some restrictions that apply to the predefined dialogs. For instance, there is only one predefined dialog for "Progress" and for the "End" of the installation process, that is why you can not add other dialogs under these sections. All the other dialogs belong to the beginning of the installation and, as you may have noticed, only some can coexist.

Regards,
Denis
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Feature Requests”