There are two disadvantages when not using the masked edit, and those are:
1. the masked edit is able to evaluate the input based on the length, e.g.:
If the template looks like this:
the masked edit expects 6 characters to be input.
2. the masked edit automatically inserts the hypen ("-") for the user, making it easier.
However, yes, it is possible to replace it with an EditBox
control. To do so, please proceed as it follows:
- delete the MaskedEdit control
- add the EditBox control
- set the EditBox's control property to:
- add a "Control Condition"
for the EditBox control, as it follows:
Condition: SERIAL_VALIDATION = "FALSE"
Hope this helps.