MGS

SQL custom action - reassign SQL command

Hi,

When I add a 'Query SQL database for data' custom action, I can choose which SQL query is executed by setting the 'Execute SQL query: Choose SQL query'. It would be great if this could be reassigned later on. Right now, after assigning the SQL query for the new custom action, then selecting another custom action, then reselecting the new custom action, and then pressing on the assigned SQL query, it will just navigate to the SQL query definition. It would be great if there is IN ADDITION a button to reassign the query. So both, going to the definition but also reassigning the query should optimally be possible.

Best regards,
Johannes
Catalin

Re: SQL custom action - reassign SQL command

Hello Johannes,

I'm afraid I do not quite understand this request.

If possible, could you please give me some more details (it'd be great if you could provide some screenshots)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
MGS

Hello Catalin,

Of course, I'll try to explain it with more screenshots.

1. Add a Query SQL database for data custom action X.
sql_reassign_1.png
sql_reassign_1.png (7.05 KiB) Viewed 24668 times
2. Choose SQL query (a SQL query has to be created beforehand of course).
sql_reassign_2.png
sql_reassign_2.png (3.96 KiB) Viewed 24668 times
3. Select another custom action, then select X again. Now try to choose another SQL query. This is not possible anymore. It is great that I can navigate to the SQL query by clicking on the assigned one, but it would also be great if in addition we could also choose another SQL query.
sql_reassign_3.png
sql_reassign_3.png (3.44 KiB) Viewed 24668 times
The problem with not being able to reassign is that when using the custom action on five different dialogs, it is a lot of work to replace it with another SQL query.

Best regards,
Johannes
Catalin

Hello Johannes,

Thank you for your followup on this and for the additional information! :)

I will add this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully it will be implemented in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”