basta

Fix for poorly stretched graphics in setup dialogs

Hello,

The current ai options to handle the top banner and left image in the setup dialogs simply don't cut it:

When the DPI is not 100% (Vista and 7 default):
- Graphics look terrible in stretched mode
- Graphics are too small in Fixed mode

The stretching algorithm used by MSI is low quality but there may be another solution that I have suggested to the ai folks who told me that there is not enough support for it to warrant a change. So please consider the following solution and let the ai folks know that you want it.

In addition to the current Fixed and Stretch options, I am suggesting a "Smart" or whatever you want to call it option that would:

- Not stretch the graphics
- Right-align the top banner
- Left-align the welcome graphic
- Graphics continue to be vertically aligned as it is currently done (to make things easier)

You would of course make your graphics large enough to cover the 125% DPI canvas, but keep your artwork/logo small enough to look good at 100% DPI. This would cover 99% of all setups I've ever seen, since they all use the same basic layout.

I wrote this message to gather support for this feature. Not to complain about or criticize the ai team. Besides, I have nothing bad to say about these guys!

Thanks,
Nadim
kkrzyzak

Re: Fix for poorly stretched graphics in setup dialogs

Hi,
I vote for it!
Btw: W7 default is 125% DPI .
Best,
Karol.
Cosmin

Re: Fix for poorly stretched graphics in setup dialogs

Hi,

I added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”