RichardGrimmer

SQLIte Database installed 0KB RESOLVED

We have a simple WIndows Service application installer (DotNet Core on Windows), which works fine with one exception,

The service relies on a SQLIte3 database being present in a sub directory of the AppData directory. I've added this to the installer, with the "source" template database being pulled from my project directory.

However, when running the installer, it's copied to the AppData subfolder, but with a zero size and hence no structure. For information it's c27MB on disk in my project folder, which is shown correctly when viewing the file in AI.

We're not sure if it's connected, but the 0KB file is not removed on uninstall either.

If I manually copy the file into the AppData folder, the service starts correctly

Update - Was a PICNIC problem (Problem in Chair Not In Computer) - we were using the Application Data folder rather than Common Application Data so the file was copied to the wrong location, then when the service started it was creating a default empty DB.... (We'd also incorrectly posted where we needed to put it - it should have been in C:\ProgramData not AppData)
Catalin

Re: SQLIte Database installed 0KB RESOLVED

Hello Richard and welcome to our forums,

Thank you very much for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us!

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”