DanRabideau

Patcher not removing files

Greetings,

I just recently purchased AI. I created a patch project with both the new upgraded msi and the old msi. I tested the patch and it changed the appropriate files, but it did not delete files that were not in the new upgraded version. Is there a switch or something somewhere that needs to be set?

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Dan
DanRabideau

Ok I found the file removal tool. However I am only changing 1 file with this patch, and deleting another. The file I am changing is not in the drop down for the component that triggers it, and editing the aip seems to not work.

Ideas?

Dan
Mike

Hi,
I found the file removal tool
To remove a file with a patch you have to add in the new version of the MSI a "File removal" item. So you are on the right track.
The file I am changing is not in the drop down for the component that triggers it, and editing the aip seems to not work.
I am not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean the "Current Feature" drop-down list, in the "Files and Folders" page? Please provide more details about this.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Bobaru
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com
DanRabideau

The File Removal tool has a File to remove, a component that triggers the removal and when to do the removal.

The component that triggers the removal is the problem. I don't have the file listed that is being changed, so therefore there doesn't seem to be a trigger I can use.

Thanks
Mike

Hi,

You should select the component that contains the file that is getting updated. To see which component is that, go to the "Organization" page. Examine each component add see where is that file located.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Bobaru
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Return to “Common Problems”