mfairbrother

CustomAction FindRelatedProducts

Need some help I have two CustomActions that I want to run if the AppSearch returns results for the properties.

I thought this was working... but looking at the log files. I see the following message:

FindRelatedProducts: could not read ASSIGNMENTTYPE info for product ..., skipping...
FindRelatedProducts: could not read ASSIGNMENTTYPE info for product ..., skipping...

The expression on the Custom Action is : MY_SEARCH_PROP AND Not REMOVE="ALL"

Any clues?
mfairbrother

Found it, the Installation type had gotten changed.

Edit, no the problem still exists.
Mihai

Hi,

The problem may be with the "REMOVE" property. The versions that are installed with a installation type (per-user/per-machine) can only be uninstalled by new versions using the same installation type.

So, if the problem persists, why did you used "Not REMOVE="ALL"" in your condition if you want your custom actions to run only when the search is successful?

Could you give us more details about when you want the custom action to be fired?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Udrea
Advenced Installer Team
mfairbrother

I was trying to create a custom action that would only run only on installs, or upgrades. Basicly the custom action uninstalls the previously installed products (either the ones built by Inno Setup, or the new ones built with Advanced Installer)

I send the AIP file to Ionut, still could use some help, haven't been able to figure this out.
Ionut

Hi Michael,

I have analyzed your AIP file and for now I can tell you this: there are some issues regarding the approach you have used when creating your project. In other words, your install package seems to break several Windows Installer rules and guidelines. I will send you an answer on Monday.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”