dbancroft

shortcut to uninstaller

I have followed the instructions outlined in the help file for creating a shortcut to the uninstaller, but I have not been able to create one successfully regardless of the location for the shortcut. I am using version 3.7.1 of Advanced Installer. My objective is to create a shortcut to the uninstaller so I can bypass going through the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs. I have been able to create a shortcut to my program executable, just not an uninstall shortcut.
Ionut

Hi,
but I have not been able to create one successfully
Please specify what is the exact problem, since you do not need to change anything for an Uninstall shortcut after you create it in the File and Folders page (by selecting "New Shortcut -> Uninstall" from the toolbar or from the context-menu).

Regards,
Denis
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
dbancroft

installer shortcut problem

The shortcut doesn't show up anywhere on my system after building and running the installer. I created it in the Files and Folders page, saved the project, built the project, and ran the installer and I cannot find any evidence of the uninstall shortcut anywhere on my system. This isn't a huge problem since I wasn't planning on including the uninstall shortcut with my software distribution, but I wanted to use it while I was testing my installer builds which require me to uninstall any previously installed versions. All-in-all I like using Advanced Installer and I've been able to create a workable installer with just a couple of days work. Your help and suggestions on this matter are much appreciated.
Ionut

Hi,

This is indeed strange behaviour. Are you sure you have created the shortcut in the folder where you intended it to be? If so, please send an AIP file which exhibits this problem and the generated MSI file (or provide an URL from where I can download it) to support at advancedinstaller dot com. Then, I shall investigate.

Regards,
Denis
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”