Zardoz2293

Add or Remove Programs --> Support Info

Add or Remove Programs --> go to your AI installed app and select. --> "Click here for support information" --> click --> "Support Info" dialog appears.

In the section: "If this program is not working properly you may reinstall it by clicking Repair." --> Click the "Repair" button to the right (above the 'close' button). --> No Action is taken. :?
GabrielBarbu

Re: Add or Remove Programs --> Support Info

Hello,

I am afraid I could not reproduce this behavior.

Please send a sample project that accurately reproduces this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate the issue.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
Zardoz2293

Gabriel,
I am afraid I could not reproduce this behavior.

Please send a sample project that accurately reproduces this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate the issue.
If "Override Windows Installer programs list entry" is CHECKED, then the "Repair" button (in Add or Remove Programs --> "Click here for support information") performs no action. This is stated in the help, however, if under this condition no repair is performed then why is the button exist or even enabled? Is this an MSI/MS feature?
Bogdan

Hi,
This is stated in the help, however, if under this condition no repair is performed then why is the button exist or even enabled? Is this an MSI/MS feature?
I've just re-tested a package using this option and the "Repair" button is not visible in "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel.

Are you trying to say that your package is using this option and also creating the Repair button in Control Panel? If so please send us your project and
also please tell us on what OS are you testing it.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”