ToddCostella

Creating Java GUI MSI - Install Fails

Greetings all, I'm running into an issue with an MSI I've created using the trial version of 3.8. I'm attempting to bundle a specific JRE (1.5_06) with the application. The MSI is created ok, but when I try to install it the installation process fails with the following message:

The file 'EnteroVision.exe' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'disk1.cab' This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem withi this package.

If I try and install the MSI created without the JRE, everything works fine. I asked one of my guys look into it a bit more and he indicated that it appears that the cacerts file from jre\lib\security\cacerts seemed to be missing. He was using ORCA to view the MSI table.

Can anyone give me any clues on how I might resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Todd
Ionut

Hi,

This is indeed a strange problem and I could not reproduce it on my test machine. You should try to build the project on another machine - let me know if the problem still appears.

In order to investigate this issue, please send the AIP file to support at advancedinstaller dot com. If possible, provide an URL from where I can download the MSI package with the bundled JRE.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
ToddCostella

Thanks for the advice. I decided to start from scratch and downloaded the JDK and AdvancedInstaller. Installed them on a new machine and then rebuilt the project from scratch.

That worked.

So, I'm not sure what is up with my JRE or my machine but it seems that is the cause. If I find anything usefule I'll post it.

Return to “Common Problems”