OrchidSoftware

3.8 upgrade caused problem with older AIP

After installing version 3.8 (update from 3.7.1) my customers report that installation of my product does not proceed beyond the Welcome screen. Clicking the "Next" button does not proceed to the next step. The only button that works is "Cancel".

I compared a 3.7.1 built version of the AIP file and a 3.8 version AIP and the version that was "created" when the update happened. I determined that when version 3.8 is used with a 3.7.1 project file, adding these lines to the 3.7.1 AIP BEFORE reading it with version 3.8 will yield a msi that works. If you just read the 3.7.1 AIP and build the project the resultant msi will be missing the "Start Install" dialog and the installation hangs at the "Welcome" dialog.

Code: Select all

<COMPONENT cid="caphyon.advinst.msicomp.MsiControlEventComponent">
    <ROW Dialog_="WelcomeDlg" Control_="Next" Event="NewDialog" Argument="VerifyReadyDlg" Condition="AI_INSTALL" Ordering="1"/>
    <ROW Dialog_="VerifyReadyDlg" Control_="Back" Event="NewDialog" Argument="WelcomeDlg" Condition="AI_INSTALL" Ordering="1"/>
    <ROW Dialog_="MaintenanceTypeDlg" Control_="Back" Event="NewDialog" Argument="MaintenanceWelcomeDlg" Condition="AI_MAINT" Ordering="1"/>
    <ROW Dialog_="MaintenanceWelcomeDlg" Control_="Next" Event="NewDialog" Argument="MaintenanceTypeDlg" Condition="AI_MAINT" Ordering="2"/>
    <ROW Dialog_="VerifyReadyDlg" Control_="Back" Event="NewDialog" Argument="PatchWelcomeDlg" Condition="AI_PATCH" Ordering="1"/>
    <ROW Dialog_="PatchWelcomeDlg" Control_="Next" Event="NewDialog" Argument="VerifyReadyDlg" Condition="AI_PATCH" Ordering="2"/>
  </COMPONENT>
Just thought I would let you know.

Regards,
John
ciprian

Hi John,

Thank you for reporting this error.

The problem you are encountering is due to a bug which had been resolved. The fix will be available in the 3.8.1 version of Advanced Installer which is due for release in the near future.

All the best,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com
Cooey

Can you give me anything more specific than "in the near future"? What can I do until then?

Thank you,

- Cooey
Ionut

Hi,

If your project is affected by this bug, please send it to support at advancedinstaller dot com and we shall fix it for you.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”