saisoftwares

Installer Dialog text

Hi,

I wanted the Adcanved Installer Dialog panels are configurable. I am using Advanced Installer 3.8 (evaluation)

For example, can I change the text that appears on the different Dialog Panels e.g. the Welcom Dialog panel. Can I modify the text or remove it completely?

Please let me know. your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam Jeans
Ionut

Hi,

The problem is that Advanced Installer does not currently support full UI customization. Therefore, you can not edit an existing dialog (actually, you can, by modifying several XML files) or add your own custom dialogs. This feature has the highest priority on our TODO list and it will be available in a future release.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
saisoftwares

Thanks for the info.

It would really help us if you can tell us how to customize the UI using XML Files. Basically the most important part is that we want to get rid of the text that apears on the Top of every Installer Screen...in short the one that tells what the current screen is about.

We also want to get rid of the text that apprears on the Welcome Screen and the last Screen.

Help from you in this regards would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam Jeans
Ionut

Hi,

In order to do this you have to edit the "Description" text of the dialogs. Remember to backup your existing files before modifying them.

1. Open the "ui.ail" file from the "dictionaries" subfolder of the AI installation directory.
2. Search for the following text: "#Description" (without quotes).
3. Edit the "value" attribute as desired (in your case, the value attribute will be the empty string "").
4. Repeat this operation for every occurrence of the text specified above.
5. Perform steps 1-4 also for "ui_en.ail". If you create a non-English MSI package, you will also have to edit the corresponding AIL files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”