mybluetruck

Multiple Installations of the same "program"

I need to be able to install multiple copies of the same program. I'm using AI to create an installation GUI for other employees to simplify the copying of a particular Microsoft Access tool that we use. The problem lies in the fact that it's not really a "program", so I don't need registry keys or an uninstall file.

I'm not a programmer or developer by trade, so I'm not sure how to go about some of this. However, from my web searches, it seems that I need to disable the uninstall feature, ultimately preventing the AppID from being registered in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall for the Add/Remove Programs. Thus not prompting MSI to look for the original install.

I tried selecting the "disable -modify, -repair, -remove", but that didn't work. Is this possible in Advanced Installer? and if so, how would I do that? Or is there another way around this?

Thanks for your help... and the product is great. Thanks for making a free download.

-brent ritter
Make-A-Wish Foundation of East Tennessee
Mike

Hi,

The 3.9 version of AI has added this option to the other three. You now have the possibility to prevent a product from being displayed in the Add/Remove list in Control Panel. This version is due for release any time now.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Bobaru
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Return to “Common Problems”