manishc_dbi

How to reposition the text on teh dialogs

I have changed the logo on the banner image. But my logo is a bit large and overlaps the text on the 'Start Install' dialog. How can I change the text 'the Setup Wizard is ready to begin complete installation' to shorten it so that it does not overlap my Logo on the right.

Similarily, I want to reposition the text on the Welcome and Installation copmplete dialogs.

I am using version 2.5.1, does any newer version support such facilities. Can I do it using soem custom action.

Please help urgently.

regards,

Manish
gigi

Hi,

Yes this is possible but it involves manually modifying several XML files and this is a very tedious task. In the next (4.0) release Full UI customization will be available and then you will be able to customize any dialog. The 4.0 version of AI will be released soon.

Regards,
Gigi
manishc_dbi

Thanks for the reply Gheorghe.

Could you please tell me or provide a link about what XML files need to be updated and what changes are required.

Thanx in advance
gigi

Hi,

Sorry but for 2.5.1 version of Advanced Installer the only way to modify the text on dialogs is to edit with Orca (this tool is coming with Platform SDK) the template.msi file situated in the AI working directory.
How can I change the text 'the Setup Wizard is ready to begin complete installation' to shorten it so that it does not overlap my Logo on the right.
Open the template.msi file with Orca and select from Tables list the "Control" table. In the right list look for Dialog column = "VerifyReadyDlg" , Control column = "Description", Type Column = "Text". The X, Y, Width, Height columns gives the position of the control and the Text column gives the text for the control.

Similar to this you can change the position for all controls in a dialog. For Welcome and Installation Complete dialogs look for "WelcomeDlg" and "ExitDialog" in the Dialog column.

You will see the differences after building the package.

Regards,
Gigi

Return to “Common Problems”