kkrzyzak

BUG in tree dialogs from 8.xx

Hi,
How to add init events to SQLConnectionDlg?

Best,
Karol.
Last edited by kkrzyzak on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkrzyzak

TempleDlgDialogInitializer?

Is there other way to find where action is called? Now i must try delete action to get where the references is :>
Last edited by kkrzyzak on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
kkrzyzak

Oh man what is going on with AI ....

In 7.7 this did not happen. In 8.0 main dialog tree change structer but i already have finished my project so i don't care about this. Until today....
I can't edit my init events in my dialog but not only in my dialogs.

Here you have got an example to reproduce this BUG.

A add several dialogs to my dialog tree ass u can see at first image.

In each dialog i can edit "INIT EVENTS".

Now i want to change sth in order of apperance dialogs for e.g.:
On next button i Dlg14 i want to Show Dlg12 not Dlg13 - The sec image shows it.

And now. I save my project. Close it. Open it. (It's normal behavior finished job, started job)
Look at third image

Be warned it is only a test project created very quickly. I have a very large project created in version 7.7 and today I needed to change his init events and I can not do.
Now i can't change init events in Dlg 13 why?
Waiting for solusions.

Best,
Karol.
mihai.petcu

Re: BUG in tree dialogs from 8.xx

Hi Karol,

I cannot reproduce the behavior from your last post on my machine. Can you please send us an .AIP( project ) that reproduce this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?
How to add init events to SQLConnectionDlg?
You can add init events to this dialog like to any other dialog, from the Init Events tab of the dialog on the Dialogs Page. Under what circumstances do you find trouble doing this?
Is there other way to find where action is called? Now i must try delete action to get where the references is :>
You can use Advanced Installer's search feature to find all occurrences with the same name( Project -> Find... or Ctrl+F from the keyboard ).

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mihai.petcu

Hi Karol,

Indeed there seems to be an issue with the init events on certain subchain dialogs. I have discussed this issue with the development team and we will investigate and find a solution.

Until then you can add the init events as published events on the Next button from the previous dialog, before the SQLConnectionDlg "New Dialog" event.

All the best,
Mihai
mihai.petcu

Hi Karol,

The init events are disabled for a dialog which isn't correctly sequenced in the main chain or any subchain( Back button published event's condition is different from the previous dialog's Next button ). Init events are also disabled by design for dialogs that are not part of chains or subchains.

Can you please reproduce on another clean project and let us know how you added the "JednoWielo -> Back -> Wybor_Czy_Dla_QNT" NewDialog event in the Dialogs page?

To better handle dialog subchains in a complex structure like yours, we included a new feature called "Show only if" which will enable the user to add a full condition for any dialog in the 8.2 release. We can provide you with a beta RC once the test team can approve it. Please let us know if you are interested.

All the best,
Mihai
kkrzyzak

Hi Mihai,
The init events are disabled for a dialog which isn't correctly sequenced in the main chain or any subchain( Back button published event's condition is different from the previous dialog's Next button ). Init events are also disabled by design for dialogs that are not part of chains or subchains.
Really don't understand what i did wrong.

1. Created new enterprise project
2. Created property MY_PROPERTY and set default value to 0
3. In dialogs:
3.1 Add LicAgrDlg
3.2 Add SQLConnectionDlg
3.3. LicAgrDlg->NextBt->PublishedEvents->New ->newDialog ->VerifyReadyDlg ->Condition MY_PROPPERTY="1"
3.4. VerifyReadyDlg->BackBt->PublishedEvents->New ->newDialog ->LicAgrDlg ->Condition MY_PROPPERTY="1"

Now i still can edit InitEvents in SQLConDlg and FolderDlg (7.7 and 8.1.1)

4.Save project
5.Close AI
6.Reopen Project

Now i cannot edit InitEvents in SQLConDlg and FolderDlg.(8.1.1 dlg tree structure changed)

I created this simple example in two AI's 7.7 and 8.1.1
Checked it in version 7.7 AI and in works correctly.

After that simple operation tree in 7.7 looks like that:

After that simple operation tree in 8.x looks like that:

Best,
Karol
Attachments
setup77.aip
Open in AI 7.7
(11.93 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
setup811.aip
Open 811 in AI 8.1.1
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
kkrzyzak

To better handle dialog subchains in a complex structure like yours, we included a new feature called "Show only if" which will enable the user to add a full condition for any dialog in the 8.2 release.
As u can see my project has very complex structure. I'm using AI for 1 year. I understand yours solusions with using "next button" or wait for 8.2 for "Show only if".

What to do with actions in init events that i already done ?
It's not a problem for a new project, because now i know i must be aware of "init events".
It's more complicated. I have actions in "init events" and now i can't edit them or delete because i can't see them since 8.x :(

I could accept that i see them and can delete them, but i can't add new one.
However, the current solution to have something that works and over which I have no control is absolutely unacceptable.

Best,
Karol
mihai.petcu

Hello Karol,

To fix the dialog structure so you can edit the init events on SqlConnectionDlg in your "setup811.aip" project, simply open the project with version 8.1.1 and on the LicenseAgreementDlg change the published events order to:
PEorder.jpg
PEorder.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 9150 times
save and reload the project. This way the SqlConnectionDlg should be in the main chain and its init events tab editable once again.

All the best,
Mihai
kkrzyzak

Hi Mihai,
To better handle dialog subchains in a complex structure like yours, we included a new feature called "Show only if" which will enable the user to add a full condition for any dialog in the 8.2 release. We can provide you with a beta RC once the test team can approve it. Please let us know if you are interested.
How can i find "Show only if" option in dialogs in 8.2 version?

Best,
Karol.
mihai.petcu

Hi Karol,

In the Dialogs page, simply right click on any dialog from the Install Sequence tree and choose "Show only if..." from the context menu.

All the best,
Mihai

Return to “Common Problems”