cfs80

Could not set the icon to the package.

Hi

I get the following message when building my setup: "Could not set the icon to the package." My icon is not displayed, instead is some kind of default icon displayed? This happens intermittently.I have AI 8.5 Enterprise, Win 7 (64) Ultimate. Please advice how to fix?

Thanks!

Brgds
Christian
mihai.petcu

Re: Could not set the icon to the package.

Hi Christian,

Maybe the icon file is not supported. Can you please try with another icon file( .ICO ) and see if it works?

In this case, can you please send the icon file and your .AIP(project) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cfs80

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have sent the files to support at advancedinstaller dot com

Brgds
Christian
mihai.petcu

Hi Christian,

Your icon file was referenced in two places within your project:
- One was in the Product Details page for the icon which will be showed for the product in the "Add or Remove Programs" applet in Control Panel, which works fine by the way.
- The other place was in the Media page, on the Bootstrapper tab of your current build. This icon will be visible once you activate the Enhanced UI from the Themes page, Settings tab.

All the best,
Mihai
cfs80

Hi

First it didnt seemed to work as windows kept the old icon visible for some time. But now I can see my icon again.

Thanks!

Brgds
Christian
cfs80

Hi

Unfortunately this solution did not work out as good as I first thought. I still have this problem with icons intermittently, it seems to be a bug? Please advice how to fix.

Brgds
Christian
mihai.petcu

Hi Christian,

Can you please specify which of the icon references mentioned in my initial post aren't working properly? Please exemplify using screenshots.

Also, have you changed any settings from the last time you sent us your project file? If not, then the suggestions from my initial post still apply.

All the best,
Mihai
cfs80

Hi Mihai,

This is the icon which is working intermittently:
The other place was in the Media page, on the Bootstrapper tab of your current build. This icon will be visible once you activate the Enhanced UI from the Themes page, Settings tab.
I have applied your suggestion:
This icon will be visible once you activate the Enhanced UI from the Themes page, Settings tab.
But it still works intermittently. I find that it sometimes help to log out of windows and then login and try again....
I have not changed any other settings other then the one you suggested in your previous post:
This icon will be visible once you activate the Enhanced UI from the Themes page, Settings tab.

Brgds
Christian
mihai.petcu

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately we cannot replicate this behavior.

Does it manifest on other similar machines? If so, can you please specify the OS, architecture and send us a sample .AIP (project) with icon file that manifests the behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate?

All the best,
Mihai
hessercan

I'm having this same problem. The icon set perfectly before, but when I got a new computer and try to rebuild the package, the icon was broken. It's intermittent. It works sometimes but most of the time it doesn't. The output says "Could not set the icon to the package." There is no log that I can find that is giving me any indication on why it can't set the icon.
Dan

Hello and welcome to Advnaced Installer forums,

This may happens if the Windows Explorer is open in the location where the EXE installer is build. Is this your case too?

If Yes, does it make any difference if you close the Windows Explorer? Usually, this usually happens when the Windows Explorer is open in foregound in the location or the EXE installer is built.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”