varunchaddha

VSTO 2010 runtime for 32/64 bit single installer ?

I need to deploy a toolbar that will install VSTO 2010 runtime automatically based on the system information such that if I'm installing it on 32-bit then x86 version of VSTO is installed otherwise VSTO x64 is installed. This should be a pre-requisite for the installer.

How can I do this?
Bogdan

Re: VSTO 2010 runtime for 32/64 bit single installer ?

Hi,

This can be done very easy, just create a Professional or higher project type, based on the license you have, and go to Prerequisites page. Here we have a list of predefined prerequisite among which you can also find VSTO 2010, x86 and x64 versions, just select them from the list using the "Add" button and the will be automatically added to your project.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
varunchaddha

Thanks for the reply. And yes, I hold a Professional License, so you mean if I add 3 prerequisites like this: http://screencast.com/t/vE6XUVw932F ...this will automatically install 32-bit on 32-bit machine and 64-bit on 64-bit machine? ..
Bogdan

Yes, this is exactly what should happen, of course testing should be done to make sure everything works correctly.

Regards,
Bogdan
phlow666

Hi,
I’m having exactly the same problem with the 32/64Bit Installation of the office runtime.
I’ve tried to perform your solution here with seems to work for Advanced Installer version <= 8.6.
Unfortunately we had to update our AdvancedInstaller projects to Version 9.1 in order to handle some other bugs in your software. When going to the prerequisite tab in Advanced Installer 9. 1 I don’t see any VSTO 2010 Runtime (x64). There’s only one entry "VSTO 2010 Runtime", which seems to create a prerequisite for 32 Bit OS. Unfortunately we have a lot of customers using 64 Bit OS.
How can I create such a x64 prerequisite using Advanced Installer 9.1?
As the case is very urged quick response is required.

Regards
Bogdan

Hi,

It seems it was removed from the list by a mistake, we'll fix that immediately, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Until the next version will include the fix you can add it manually your project as you would for a new prerequisite, but you can copy the settings from the predefined prerequisite found in version 8.6.

You can have multiple versions of Advanced Installer installed side by side, so you can easily copy the prerequisite settings.

Regards,
Bogdan

Return to “Common Problems”