davidrichens

updates failed to install

I am getting an error message with the auto updater.

I suspect it is something to do with the registry, I am using it to detect the correct version and install.

After installing the update it will still detect an update is available.
I am extracting files using an SFX archive, so I can only assume that the updater isn't updating the registry to the latest version, and this is the cause of my problem. If this is the case, I will have to create an installer rather than an SFX archive.

The updater will display, download and install the update successfully, but at the end it will display this error message:
(I have also attached my ini files for investigation)
error.jpg
error.jpg (22.97 KiB) Viewed 22977 times
Attachments
updates_client.txt
(479 Bytes) Downloaded 494 times
update.ini
(319 Bytes) Downloaded 481 times
mihai.petcu

Re: updates failed to install

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Can you please use regedit and make sure the registry entry value corresponds( after installation ) with the detection criteria set in the updates configuration project?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AdvInstTester

I have the same issue. I have checked that ComapyName/ProductName folder has been generated but no registry key named "version" is generated on new installation or after the update. I found this issue when i set version string from x.x.x to x.x.x.x means upto 4 digits.
What is solution. Please guide, Its still failed even i have revert back to vesion string upto 3 digits like x.x.x
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

If you encounter the same problem as above, then most likely the definition of your install condition is wrong.

Note: The version should be created by default on all Advanced Installer projects - this can be seen in the Registry page.
Screenshot_96.png
Screenshot_96.png (14.49 KiB) Viewed 21041 times

Unless you manually removed it, it should be there.

If you removed it, you can always create a new condition by yourself and add that condition in your Updates Configuration File.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
AdvInstTester

Catalin wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:18 pm If you removed it, you can always create a new condition by yourself and add that condition in your Updates Configuration File.
No, It is not removed by me. It exists in 2 places which is confusing me. At WOW6432Node folder and normal 64-bit path, but version key does not exist in the second case. I have posted my question in detail here. Please check the following link and guide me.

Error code 0xE000000C during update
Catalin

Hello,

From what I can see, my colleague Liviu has replied to your other thread.

Please continue the thread with him.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”