sagar

How to allow network & ANONYMOUS user to access SQL server

Hi,

I have created installer for our application. In this installer I am creating database by using windows authentication. For accessing that database I want to add

Code: Select all

NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON & NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 
security permission in sql server for that database manually .

Please tell me how to add that security permission for that database by using installer.
sagar

Re: How to allow network & ANONYMOUS user to access SQL serv

I have created database on sql server successfully but I want to add database role membership. For that I want to know is it possible to add security permission for that database using installer?.

e.g. Got to sql server->Security->Login->right click to Login->Select New Login->click

Search 
For login name in Genral Tab->Click Advanced button->Click

Find Now
Button->Select ANONYMOUS LOGON from list->Click

Ok 
button->Then Select

User Mapping
Tab which is present on left side->Select Database for which You want to map for user->In database role membership select db_owner & Public ->Click Ok button.

I want to follow above procedure manually.
So please tell me is it possible to add this mapping to database using installer at the time of installation
sagar

Do you got any solution for my problem?
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm afraid that this is not supported by Advanced Installer. You can try adding user permissions by using an SQL script or a custom action. This is done differently for each SQL server type, so you need to investigate how it can be done for your server. Unfortunately we don't have any samples for this.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”