Thomas Möller

How to deselect a language?

I try to setup an installer in German language. I have the problem that I can not remove "English" from the list. There is no message. I just can not deselect the checkbox.
What do I do wrong?

TIA

Thomas
Thomas Möller

Re: How to deselect a language?

I have installed v 9.2

I did some additional investigations. I added a new project. Then I switched directly to "Translations". There I added "German (Germany)". I can not deselect "English (United States)".
I can add any other language from the list - and I can deselect it. But I can't deselect "English (United Sates)".

TIA
mihai.petcu

Hello Thomas,

The project language cannot be excluded from the Translation page. The default project language is English but you can change it when creating your project from Start Page -> New -> Options dropdown menu.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Thomas Möller

Hello Mihai,

thank you for your information. That did the trick. My problem is solved.

Regards

Thomas
litu

Is there any way to change the project language than starting the whole project from the scratch?
Daniel

Hello,

I'm afraid there is no way. You should recreate your project if you want to change its default language.

In your current project, what you could do is to only add another language, from "Translations" page, and build a multilingual project.

If you have any questions let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”