aldenlong

Crash when downloading .NET 4.0 prerequisite

In a new project, if you check the prerequisites box for .NET 4.0, and haven't yet saved the project file, Advanced Installer 9.8 reports that it saved the project, but it crashes (reports exception) when trying to download the resouce files.

[EXCEPTION_UNHANDLED] (0xc0000005) at address [0x0040942f]

Advanced Installer 9.8 build 48877
*** Stack Trace (x86) ***

[0x0040942f] -----

The error does not occur if the project file is saved first before downloading.
Eusebiu

Re: Crash when downloading .NET 4.0 prerequisite

Hi,

I've tested your scenario, but I cannot reproduce the behavior. Can you tell us what is your machine software configuration (i.e. Windows version, service pack, Windows Installer version, OS language) so we can test your scenario on a similar machine?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aldenlong

My machine's operating system is Windows XP sp3. I don't know how to determine the version of Windows Installer. By OS Language, do you mean something other than "English"?
Daniel

Hello,

We tested your scenario on a Windows XP SP3 machine, but we cannot reproduce the behavior. Can you reproduce the behavior on multiple clean machines? If so, can you give us a detailed step by step test case scenario so we can try to reproduce and investigate the problem?
I don't know how to determine the version of Windows Installer.
In order to check Windows Installer version you can type msiexec command in "Run" window or in a "Command Prompt" window.
By OS Language, do you mean something other than "English"?
Yes.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
aldenlong

Windows installer version: Windows ® Installer. V 4.5.6001.22159

So far we only have Advanced Installer on my XP machine, and all the other developers have Windows 7, so I will not be able to make an exact replication of the error on a "clean" machine, unless it shows up on a Windows 7 machine when additional installations are done (2 pending).

Detailed step-by-step:
1. Create a new "Professional" project.
2. Select .NET 4.0 prerequisite requirement, respond Yes to the prompt to download and include in appication.
3. Download starts, and project is automatically saved, but download hangs up (I have waited over 20 minutes).
4. Close the download progress window. Unhandled exception error occurs: [EXCEPTION_UNHANDLED] (0xc0000005) at address [0x00406325]

Software version: Advanced Installer 9.8 build 48877
Daniel

Hello,

Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce this behavior. However, our next version (9.9) of Advanced Installer should be released until the end of this month. Can you test the scenario using our 9.9 version of Advanced Installer (when it will be released) and see if the behavior still reproduces?

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”