valiot

how do I hide the custom launch condition message

If the custom launch condition is not met then a defined condition description is displayed. How can I hide this message?

Also if another installer is calling my msi, an error message is generated to the calling installer. I want to suppress this error as well.
Daniel

Re: how do I hide the custom launch condition message

Hello,
If the custom launch condition is not met then a defined condition description is displayed. How can I hide this message?
I'm afraid this is the default Windows Installer behavior. The related launch condition message will not be shown only when your installation will run in silent mode. Please take a look on our "Prerequisite launch condition expressions" thread which debates a similar issue.
Also if another installer is calling my msi, an error message is generated to the calling installer. I want to suppress this error as well.
I'm afraid I don't fully understand your scenario. Can you please give us more details about this (maybe exemplify)?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
valiot

Re: how do I hide the custom launch condition message

The problem (i think) is that the precondition is setting a return code to Windows Installer. Anyone calling my msi will display an error because of the return code.

Return to “Common Problems”