IanKempZA

Execute custom action after IIS configured

As per the response to my feature request, Advanced Installer currently doesn't support multiple HTTPS bindings in IIS. As a workaround I created a custom action that adds the binding.

However it seems that Advanced Installer executes all custom actions before it performs IIS configuration. Our setup creates the websites it needs, so at the time my custom action executes, the websites it wants to add bindings to don't yet exist. So the custom action never has any effect!

I currently have my custom actions setup to run as deferred in the Install Execution Stage, after the Add Resources step. I'm guessing that I might be able to get the desired behaviour if I move my action into the Finish Dialogs Stage, but that's not optimal because then the action can't be rolled back.

Is there any (recommended) way to get this custom action to run after IIS has been configured?
Eusebiu

Re: Execute custom action after IIS configured

Hi,

Indeed, the IIS configuration are done after the "Add Resources" action group. They are performed right after the "Finish Execution -> InstallExecute" standard action.

So, to achieve what you want, you can right-click on the "Finish Execution" action group, then check to show the "InstallExecute" and "InstallFinalize" standard actions, then place your custom action between them.

You can also check in the "Table Editor" page, "InstallExecuteSequence" table, to see if your custom action has, indeed, a grater sequence number than the "AI_IIsInstall" custom action.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
IanKempZA

Hi Eusebiu,

Placing my add binding custom action between InstallExecute and InstallFinalize did the trick. Thanks very much!

Ian
Eusebiu

You're welcome Ian. I'm glad it worked.

Just let us know anytime you need help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”