a.guelle

[solved] File Browsing during installation

Hey there,

I tried to follow the steps mentioned here http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... -file.html. But this seems to be outdated as I cannot find the variable [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] nor the event "doAction" (I assume it is "Execute custom action").
Attachments
AI_OFN_FILEPATH.PNG
AI_OFN_FILEPATH.PNG (12.44 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
Last edited by a.guelle on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
a.guelle

Re: File Browsing during installation

Ok. It works with [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] when I use the "Installation UI" Test. But if I build my installer no File Chooser opens after hitting "Browse...".
Daniel

Hello Angelo,
I tried to follow the steps mentioned here http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... -file.html. But this seems to be outdated as I cannot find the variable [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] nor the event "doAction" (I assume it is "Execute custom action").
Indeed the above linked article is outdated (actually that is an old copy of the article which is still indexed by our web site). The new up to date version of the "Browse for file" article was moved under the "How to's" section.
Ok. It works with [AI_OFN_FILEPATH] when I use the "Installation UI" Test. But if I build my installer no File Chooser opens after hitting "Browse...".
I sent you a reply regarding this by email. Let's continue the debate over email.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
a.guelle

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your help via mail.

Just for everyone else having this problem... in my case there was a "DatabaseFile_Cond" in the condition of the "Execute custom action" which I did not use (no idea how it found it's way into there). So check your conditions if you have the same problem.

Cheers, Angelo
Daniel

You're welcome Angelo.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”