twenty94470

Office 2016 64Bits APP-V

Hello :

Problem description : When i capture the installation of Office 2016 64Bits Standard French Edition for APP-V 5, and i deploy this application, the shortcut don't have the good path.

How to reproduce : New projet / New app-V package / repackage an application on this computer / Select the setup.exe of Office 2016 and run
On SCCM 2012 R2 create new appv application 5.0 / select the appv file and deploy your application

Environment - APPV create on Windows 8.1 x64 with Advanced installer 12.8 deploy with SCCM 2012 R2 CU2 on Windows 8.1 x64 computer (French)

My Windows 8.1 dont have good path

The path is unknow

This is the good path but the shortcut dont have this path

Property of the shortcut

Could you know why the capture don't give me the good path of the application ?

Thank you
Bogdan

Re: Office 2016 64Bits APP-V

Hi and welcome to our forums,

Complex applications like Office or Adobe Photoshop cannot be easily converted to App-V.

Because of this the vendors of such applications provide recipes, to help generate the App-V packages. The following link from MSDN
talks about the steps you need to follow to generate an App-V package for Office.

The Office Deployment Tool is also used for scenarios when you simply need to deploy Office inside a company as a full desktop application, not as an App-V application. I strongly recommend
you carefully read the instructions offered by the Microsoft team, this should allow you to generate a working App-V package.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”