dybalabj

Upgrade to 13.2 causes installer to crash when prerequisite uses custom exe condition

I recently upgraded to Advanced Installer Professional 13.2, and my installer now crashes. I've narrowed it down to the condition for my install prerequisite (a Windows update). My install condition is set to Search done by a custom executable, with the exe being C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe and the arguments /c "wmic qfe get hotfixid | findstr ^"KB971512 KB971644^"". If I change the Install Conditions to Always install prerequisite then the installer does not crash. I was previously using AI 13.1 and did not have this problem.

I've attached a sample project to reproduce this. Please note that the update I am trying to install is for Windows Vista x86 SP2 only, but I've set the Supported Windows Versions to all versions for testing purposes.
Attachments
Custom Exe Prereq Condition - v13.2.zip
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Bogdan

Re: Upgrade to 13.2 causes installer to crash when prerequisite uses custom exe condition

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We reproduced and fixed this problem. An update of Advanced Installer with this fix will be released in the following days.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Eusebiu

Re: Upgrade to 13.2 causes installer to crash when prerequisite uses custom exe condition

Hi,

Until an official release containing this fix will be available, you can download and use this RC version that includes the fix.

Note: When the official version will be released, you need to manually uninstall this RC version from your machine in order to be able to install the official one.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
dybalabj

Just tested, and the 13.2.1 RC fixed my crash. Thanks for the quick response!
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad the problem is solved.

Just let us know anytime you need assistance.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 13.2.1 of Advanced Installer released on October 13th, 2016.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”