FrankXu

How can i do not replace the specify file at new ver.

Dear

I create the ver1.00 install package and installed.After that i create create the ver1.01 install package.
when i install the ver1.01 install package, How can setting to don't replace the specify file in old installed folder.
mihai.petcu

Re: How can i do not replace the specify file at new ver.

Hi Frank,

To prevent a file from being overwritten in an upgrading installer project you could enable its "Do not overwrite existing file" option with OLDPRODUCTS condition from the Files and Folders Page.

Read more in the How do I prevent a file or registry entry from being uninstalled or repaired? article.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
FrankXu

Dear

if i set package's user interface to always.Package type is single exe setup.
Do not overwirte existing file=OLDPRODUCTS . when i install,the file also be overwritten.
why? can you help me?
mihai.petcu

Hello,

The OLDPRODUCTS property is set only in a package which upgrades another package. As per your condition the behavior should be:
- if there's an older version installed on the target machine the file will not be overwritten
- if there's no older version installed on the target machine but the file is in that location, it will be overwritten

If this is not the case, please try testing on other clean machines and send us the project file(AIP) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can see all your settings.

Happy holidays!
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
FrankXu

Hi
【OLDPRODUCTS】 have relations with upgrade code?I set the file to OLDPRODUCTS.But always be overwritten.
Daniel

Hello,

Yes, the "OLDPRODUCTS" property is set when a setup package with a lower ProductVersion, a different ProductCode and the same UpgradeCode is found on the target machine. In this case the old product version will be uninstalled during upgrade installation and the OLDPRODUCTS property will be populated with the ProductCode of the old product version.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please send us the AIPs(project files) of your old and new product version to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate their settings. Also, please specify which is the file for which you configured the overwrite behavior.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”