thill

Change to APPDIR path handling, no slash?

We just upgraded from 12.8 to 13.5 and now all our installers fail because of a missing backslash between the APPDIR and subdirectories behind it.

All the path handling was done (5 years ago) with "[APPDIR]mySubDir" where a backslash had always been appended to APPDIR.

Has that behavior been changed? I do not believe anything else in our .aip project was changed to cause this.
thill

Re: Change to APPDIR path handling, no slash?

Have gotten past this by adding script logic.

But would still like to know if something changed? It's a bit confusing when I'm pretty sure all I did was change AI versions.
Daniel

Hello,

Please accept our apologies for the delayed answer.

I'm not sure why this happens. After the "Paths Resolutions" action group the "APPDIR" property should be resolved to a value with an ending backslash. Please take a look on our "APPDIR> inconsistent trailing backslash" forums thread which debates a similar issue.

Could you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a url=http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/qa-log.html]verbose log[/url] of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings? Also, please give us more details about the installation sequence where the APPDIR property is not resolved with a trailing backslash.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
thill

I've fixed the problem by doing a trailing-backslash check in a custom script in VBS and moved on.

We're at the end of a release cycle and pushing pretty hard. So they don't think it's worth your or my time to chase it.

Of 5 AI-based installers it was only a problem with one, which is the oldest and most complex. So I would guess there is some oddity carrying forward old AI projects. That one was started on 8.8.1.

Thanks once again Daniel.
Daniel

You're always welcome Todd. I'm glad you worked around this problem.

Just let us know anytime we can be of any assistance to you.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”