wideanglesoftware

Graphics elements not displaying for some themes under Windows 10

Hi
I am using Advanced Installer Version 13.6. I am producing an installer using the "Spring" theme - with a sub colour of "Radiant Turquoise".
Once I build and run the installer on the build machine (Windows 8) the installer looks normal.
When I copy and run the installer on a Windows 10 machine however, the background graphics do not appear. See screen shots. The graphics will appear, sometimes, if I mouse over them.
The effect differs every time I run the installer. If I quit the installer and run again - the screen will show with all the elements normally - but the next window wont display all the elements. ( Its almost as if some cahcening is taking place and it takes a couple of runs to show everything?)

Is there a fix for this? As it is - the more interesting themes are unreliable and therefore unusable.

Many Thanks
Neil
Attachments
Screen_2.png
Screen_2.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
Screen_1.png
Screen_1.png (7.5 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
Dan

Re: Graphics elements not displaying for some themes under Windows 10

Hi Neil and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

I've tested your scenario but I cannot replicate it. Can you please send us an .AIP(project file) that replicates this behaviour to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this issue?

Also, can you please try to use a different theme and see if the behaviour still persists? e.g. you can use the AIR theme which is pretty similar with the Spring one and see if the behaviour still persists?

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

Hello Neil,

I've tested the "Spring" theme as you outlined and I was able to replicate the issue. It seems this is the issue generated by the HTML host control we use to render the HTML page content. We will try to add a fix for this issue in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing this to our attention. As soon as a fix will be out we will notify you.

Until then, as a workaround you can try to switch to another theme. We apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Daniel

Hello Neil,

I'm afraid I have bad news for you. Our development team has further investigated this behavior and it seems this is caused by an issue in the IE API that we use to render the HTML content. Unfortunately, there is no fix we could apply to workaround this IE limitation.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Eusebiu

Hello Neil,

We managed to implement a fix for this problem in version 16.0 of Advanced Installer released on May 28th, 2019.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”