DiegoCP

Multiple Install Issues

Hello,

I currently have an aip project that lets the users select if they want to install for current user or for all users, also i am using language selection dialog ( in case it is relevant).

The issue is that if i install for current user, then run another install and install for all users there are 2 installations at once in my pc.

How can i protect my project so it can only be one installed product at one time by PC.

Thank You for your Help.

Best Regards,
Diego.
mihai.petcu

Re: Multiple Install Issues

Dear Diego,

You cannot have two installations of the same version on the same machine just by using the InstallTypeDlg. Even for different versions you have to enable the "side by side" option from the Upgrades page.
When launching the package the second time it will enter maintenance mode. This is the Windows Installer default behavior.

Did you uncheck the"Register product with Windows Installer" option from Product Details page?

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DiegoCP

Hello mihai,

No the option "Register product with Windows Installer" is still checked.

I do have 1 product code for all languages don't know if that does something.

The Issue is when it is the same version installed when i run the exe again for some reason instead of running the uninstall dialog it runs the install not quite sure why.

Thank You for Your Help.

Best Regards,
Diego.
mihai.petcu

Dear Diego,

We need to see your settings. Can you please send us the AIP project file to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DiegoCP

Hello mihai,

yes ill send it to your support.

Thank You very much.

Best Regards,
Diego

Return to “Common Problems”