TheM

<AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_en.ail is ignored

Hi,

I want to change a radio button text on LicenseAgreementDlg from "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" to "I have read and accept the terms in the License Agreement".

I went to Translations -> Default Strings and changed RadioButton.Text.IAgree#1 to my new string.
AI created <AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_en.ail and placed it on top of the list in Translations -> Dictionaries.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<DICTIONARY type="singlelanguage" lang="en" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="dictionary.xsd">
  <STRING id="RadioButton.Text.IAgree#1" value="I have read and &accept the terms in the License Agreement"/>
</DICTIONARY>
When I build my installer I expect to see the new text but I still see the old one.
The only way to change the text seems to be to edit <AI_DICTS>ui_en.ail itself -- that works, the installer displays my new string.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Harvey
Sorin

Re: <AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_en.ail is ignored

Hello

Every time you edit the default strings of the the project default language you need to close the project and reopen it, in order to load the changes into Advanced Installer. Unfortunately this is a known issue, which is triggered by a limitation of our "Default Strings" tab and cannot be fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So, every time after editing the default strings of the default project languages in our "Default Strings" tab please make sure you reopen the project in Advanced Installer before building and running it.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
TheM

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for the reply but that's not the issue here.

I do not trigger builds from AI. AI build is triggered by Jenkins.

I have just tried building from AI and it works. But when Jenkins builds it then it doesn't work. AI and Jenkins are installed in the same VM and when modifying the string I logged in with build user credentials so there should be no issue with modified dictionary not being accessible for some reason. "<AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_en.ail" is actually "C:\ProgramData\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\Repository\dictionaries\ui_en.ail" so there should be no access issues even if the user was different, right?

I have checked Jenkins configuration to ensure AI path points to the expected AI version and found no issues there.

Cheers,
Harvey
Sorin

Hello Harvey,

We have tested your scenario and could not reproduce your issue. We have tested numerous scenarios, including building from Jenkins using Advanced Installer Plugin or a batch, building with Advanced Installer project opened or closed. Can you give us a detailed test case? It would be helpful if you could tell us how to reproduce this issue with a new Advanced Installer project.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”