Borgas

When Uppgrading the first Instance then maintance is running

When uppgrading instances that are created efter the first one it works well "beside the version is not showing correct"

But if i upgrade the first instance it reacts as it is an new install. All dialogs that only should be showing at first time install is running. This is not the case on all the rest of the instances.
This message is showing and that is correct after that wrong dilogs appears
The attachment VersionUpdate2.png is no longer available

I have removed all the enhanced views unr runnig as basic as possible. On your recommendations.
Attachments
setup.aip
(655.06 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Daniel

Re: When Uppgrading the first Instance then maintance is running

Hello Boris,
But if i upgrade the first instance it reacts as it is an new install. All dialogs that only should be showing at first time install is running.
Please note this is the normal behavior. By default the new version of main instance always performs a major upgrade against an old version of the main instance. But for the rest of the instances a minor upgrade (patch installation) is performed (as long as the "Build major upgrades for multiple instances" option is not enabled - this is your case). This is our default implementation.

Also, the dialogs from "First Time Install" section from "Dialogs" page are always used during each first time installation of every version of your product.
This is not the case on all the rest of the instances.
Yes this is true and is the normal behavior too. When the "Build major upgrades for multiple instances" option is not enabled in "Multiple instances" page the newer versions of your instances are installed as a patch installation. A patch installation is a repair operation run against the old product in the following manner:

1. the installation database of the old product is recached with the settings and resources from the new product
2. then a repair operation is launch for the recached product

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”