ittim

Invalid/Corrupt Signature

Hi All,

I've recently updated our code signing certificate (approx 3 weeks ago) and in the last week i've had customers complaining that they get a message in IE stating that "The signature of *myapp* is corrupt or invalid. Since its ok with firefox i assumed i had maybe made an error on the key but upon checking I see that it is sha-256.

I re-keyed it anyway and now when i try to build using 'use from personal certificate store' I don't get asked for the exported keys password and I get this error "Could not extract digital certificate from [N:\IT\tim\custom instsllers\myapp\myapp-cache\part4\disk1.cab]." If I pickup the pfx file manually it appears to work ok but the issue still persits with my IE 11 users.

Any ideas whats going on?
Attachments
Solaris_Ariens_Parts -update.aip
(33.51 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
ittim

Re: Invalid/Corrupt Signature

i've since been informed that the error occurs during installtion on a version downloaded in chrome.
ittim

I've now recreated this issue, a clean build of win7 with ie 11 installed.

Also installed Chrome and it would install but didn't validate my certificate.

I re-requested my certificate and re-added it making sure i specifically chose the pfx file and tested again. The issue is still occuring. Am i doing something wrong here?
Daniel

Hello,

Can you send us a download link for your built setup package so we can investigate it? If you cannot disclose the URL you can forward it to us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”