Tzvika

Installer fails

Hi there,

I'm using the 30-day evaluation version to check if I can use the repackager to convert an exe to msi.
It starts fine and copies the files to the correct target, but then all of a sudden it rolls back, delete everything it had copied and finally tells that the installation has ended prematurely.
See the attached msi log.

Kindly advise.
Attachments
msisetup.log
(863.52 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Sorin

Re: Installer fails

Hello,

This issue could be triggered by the fact that your package contains multiple drivers and their .INF files are located in the same folder (in your case in GcamFilter_1). Windows Installer installs multiple drivers only if their .INF config files are located in different folders.

By the way, have you manually added the drivers in the project or they were added after the repackage operation?

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Tzvika

Hi,

When I look in the project I see the .inf are located on 4 different folders:

C:\Test\ActiveGigE\AdvInstaller\ActiveGigE\FILES\ProgramFiles64Folder\ActiveGigE\Driver\Vista32
C:\Test\ActiveGigE\AdvInstaller\ActiveGigE\FILES\ProgramFiles64Folder\ActiveGigE\Driver\Vista64
C:\Test\ActiveGigE\AdvInstaller\ActiveGigE\FILES\ProgramFiles64Folder\ActiveGigE\Driver\XP32
C:\Test\ActiveGigE\AdvInstaller\ActiveGigE\FILES\ProgramFiles64Folder\ActiveGigE\Driver\XP64

Nothing was done manually, I just ran the repackager.

The installer is targeting WinServer2012/R2, so I reckon I can leave just the 'Vista64'

Please advise how to proceed.

Thnaks, Tzvika
Sorin

Hello,

Could you please send us the .AIP (project) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Best regards,
Sorin
Tzvika

Ok, sent earlier today.
Sorin

Hello,

I've analyzed your project and it seems there are multiple INF files in the same folder. I've sent you an email with more details.

Best regards,
Sorin

Return to “Common Problems”