blessy

Registry Permission

I am using a trial version.I had created a registry search in which i had given the path of registry value. Issue I am encounter is when that registry value is not there in registry installer is giving me
Error:Could not write value of "KeyVal". Verify that if you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I edited the properties of the registry but its not giving write access whereas in advanced option we have all the access but the OK button is disabled. How can I get the write access of registry.
jenniferbryan

Re: Registry Permission

Hi,

I thought that only I have such a problem. I have done all the same things that you indicated in your question.
At first one, I thought that the program has some problems. But I've tried many times :x
Sorin

Re: Registry Permission

Hello,

This can happen if you try to write at install time an empty value into a DWORD registry value. Please note that this behavior is not supported by Windows.

@blessy Can you try the approach I've mentioned in this post : Re: Create custom Registry Values. In your scenario, this will avoid the situation of writting an empty value by setting the default result property of your search to 1.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”